Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

America Recycles Day - Do you?
    Today is America Recycles Day .

Do you recycle? Do you think it really helps out?

Olivia

cjh1203 responded:
    I do recycle everything I possibly can, and I absolutely think it helps. Imagine everything that people have recycled in the past twenty years just being dumped in a landfill instead; it would be a mind-boggling amount of extra trash, most of which would still be there decades or even centuries from now.

Sistersandy responded:
    I do recycle paper and plastic and glass and I'm pretty fanatical about it but I don't compost. I'm not sure how much it helps but I'm sure it does and it makes me like I'm doing a good thing. In Vancouver, Ca, where my daughter lives, they compost all their food wastes, vegetables in one container and and all other food wastes in another container that are picked up by the town. It's an admirable idea but the problem is the constant fruit flies. No matter how air tight the container, those annoying little things are in it, on top of it or around it. I do it while I'm there but not when I get home. Sister Sandy

Expert Blog

Diagnosis: Reality Check

Putting perspective on health news and names in the spotlight.Read More