A Positive Influence: Pay It Forward
This came from a suggestion from Rachael67 to have a more positive discussion for this community now and then. I think we'll try to use this "Pay It Forward" theme at least once a month from now on, so if you have specific ideas for it, toss them in the Suggestion thread.

Name one positive thing (and the circumstances) which you have learned directly or indirectly from another person that has helped you and which you continue to implement in your life on a regular basis.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

pancakensausage responded:
This is very simple...keep the door open for the person behind you. Common courtesy and just plain good manners. In my opinion good manners is a lost art.

grannywarren replied to 1dazygal's response:
1dazygal...I hope you will share this on Face book. We have too many young people today who dislike reading. Reading offers "Windows to the World", especially to underpriviliged children who live in less than normal conditions. As a Grandmother...I always try to encourage the young to read...but for some reason...they just don't get it.
thank you for the lovely post...Deborah Warren

Bulley1030 responded:
The Trouble Tree
The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farmhouse had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.
On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles, and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree, and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that's my trouble tee," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again.
"Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there ain't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."

rachael67 replied to Bulley1030's response:
How beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing it....Gonna plant one this spring!

Rachael

Expert Blog

Diagnosis: Reality Check

Putting perspective on health news and names in the spotlight.Read More