Madonna: Is There An Age Limit on Sexy?
At 53, Madonna is still touring and cavorting around on stage in sexy, revealing outfits. Other entertainers have done the same over the years: Cher, Demi Moore, Charo, the entire cast of Desperate Housewives...just to name a few. And, let's not forget the men: Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, Robert Downey Jr, Brad Pitt, and more.

But, is there an age limit on sexy?

If so, what is YOUR limit? And, if not, what makes a person sexy beyond youth?

Are there different rules for men and women?

norma_j responded:
Sexy is in the eye of the beholder. My husband and I have been married for 25 years last October .. I still think he is sexy and he I. We tell each other all the time.

I agree with the Madonna comments to a point .. she was dressed very tastefully and is showing the world that the older crowd can be hip and upbeat. She has the body and the inner piece with herself to know what she can get away with .. not bad for a 50 year old MOM.

Norma

sanjuburo replied to JenPBDBP2's response:
I don't agree with the comment that both men and women's sex has no age limit.As I believe that sex is nature's call for birth of child. For men there is no limit but women have a limit to birth child and thus she has a limit

fae592004 responded:
Yeah we all could look like her and the rest of them at 53 if we had the money! Cher? She is nothing but PLASTIC as many other are! If we saw what they really look like with no plastic surgery or a makeup artist standing by before any public appearance, they would all look just like the rest of us...AVERAGE! Has anyone ever seen some of those pictures of these celebs caught off guard with no makeup on?????? Just normal average everyday people! Yep we would ALL look amazing if we had the cash! The average person, NOT celeb is way more sexy because we are natural and sexy is a state of mind!

brunosbud replied to fae592004's response:
"Yep we would ALL look amazing if we had the cash!"...
OK, explain Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. What are they waiting for?

4horsewoman replied to butterflygarden's response:
Betty White is sexy. She is confident , funny and flirtatious. She may not appeal to all ages but very few people do. Sexy is an attitude. You can be sensual and enjoy pleasure without being physically pretty or young.

When I grew up women my age were expected to wear ulgy orthopedic shoes, allow thier hair to grow gray and wear shirt waist dresses with tissues stuck in thier belt. Who makes the rules that say what is age appropiate and what is not. Cher and Goldie Hawn still wear sexy , revealing clothes and they look great. You should dress to flatter what you have and what you like.

4horsewoman replied to fcl's response:
Sean Connery did say he felt he no longer was romantic leading man material. I think he just got better as he aged.

An_243289 responded:
Don't think there's an age limit. I began a relationship with a 73 year old man about a year ago (I'm 60) and it's been great! Neither one of us had an active sex life for quite a few years and I have to say we're loving how hot and heavy we get! He initially got a Levitra Rx, but he hardly ever takes it anymore. I never thought getting older could be so much fun!

JenPBDBP2 replied to Graceonline's response:
"I disagree and do not believe as I age, this will automatically correlate with my not retaining qualities of being sexy as per my earlier post.

It would be good to know why you defend such a stance?"

Historically, throughout most cultures a woman's value and attractiveness is greatly diminished as she ages. What is considered "old " has certainly changed as we continue to live longer and healthier but this basic rule so to speak hasn't changed.

That being said, a long-term couple will naturally see only the best in the partner if they are loving still. However to the outsider, the woman at 80 is invariable an old woman while a man in his 80s can still be considered sexy and attractive. Which is why we wink knowingly at the old man with the younger wife but still find it either scandalous or faintly ridiculous when the sexes are reversed. Think of all the snide comments and giggles in regard to Demi Moore and Ashton whats-his-name. Yet there was very little tongue-wagging about Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

I also challenge the bizarre concept that childbearing is sexy. If it was so wonderful adn sexy throughout the ages, midwives & physicians wouldn't have fought so hard to make pain relief available to laboring women. I'm all for breastfeeding but it's only sexy to those with a lactation fetish (and they do exist.)

nekoo replied to brcansur's response:
YOU must be a great mother also be a great women! I agree with your opnion~~

mclainm responded:
There is no age limit on being sexy.

OmgRoflmao responded:
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder - therefore it is limitless

3point14 responded:
I don't think there's an age limit on sexy, but I also think that "sexy" as a concept is so broad as to be basically meaningless.

localred responded:
My wife at 66 is just as sexy as she was when I met her at age 15. it is her great attitude that makes all the difference!

fgdgf replied to brunosbud's response:
hahahahahahahahahh lol sjahdjfskv

7777777cf responded:
There is no age limit on sexy...it is a state of mind and how well you maintain your body and way of thinking

Expert Blog

Diagnosis: Reality Check

Putting perspective on health news and names in the spotlight.Read More