Why do we love Betty White?
Aging well is a topic that often comes up in our community here at WebMD. We all want to know how we can live better and be healthy as we age.

Maybe we should ask Betty White, who turned 90 in January of this year and is still going strong. She even has a brand new show that hit the TV on NBC this past Wednesday, "Off Their Rockers." This is in addition to her continued role as Elka on TV Land's "Hot in Cleveland."

So, what is it that makes us all love Betty White?

JenPBDBP2 responded:
She's a very good comedian. She's been making people laugh for what 60 odd years? She's a pro and knows how to make things funny. Plus her stint on the Golden Girls is what's fresh in most people's minds and her character was very sweet, very naive. This is why people think it's so funny to see her be a dirty old-lady. Not enough young people saw her as the hoochy-mama on Mary Tyler-Moore.

icequeenaries responded:
We love Betty White because although she might be old, she's still got it!!! She's beautiful, funny, charming, hip, and not to mention talented. I'm 25 and I remember watching golden girls a long long time ago when I was rather young.

brunosbud responded:
I recently was accused, on another community board, of being "vicious", "sarcastic" but "humorous" at the same time...

That is precisely what my hero, Betty White, speaks to me.

Its genius the way she smiles from ear-to-ear while being thoroughly insulting and obnoxious. It's a thing of beauty, really...

...vicious, sarcastic and humorous?

I am truly undeserving of such a compliment...Thank you!

butterflygarden responded:
I don't know why others like Betty, but I have more than one reason.

#1 -- She's FUNNY! Her comedic timing is spot on.

#2 -- She's sharp. At 90 years old she has somehow managed to keep her mind honed and stay in touch with the "now". Maybe it's just good genes, but I think most of us would like to think she has taken care of herself mentally and physically.

#3 -- She stands up for animals. I love that she puts her love of her pets into advocacy. It's great, and I am sure it helps keep her motivated and focused.

When I am 90 (or heck, 80) I'd love to be as sharp as Betty White. She's a great role model for aging well.

Butterfly