Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

What's the best candy of all-time?
    Let's have some Friday Fun!

The holidays are in full swing, and stores are full of more sweet treats than ever before this time of year.

Which one do you think is the best ever?

Are you a hard candy addict or a chocoholic?

If there is a lower fat or sugarfree version, do you choose it or just take the hit and enjoy the indulgence?

~*~*~*~*

Here are some great WebMD articles about sweets & candy for your reading pleasure: Trying to Cut Back? Here is some info about those Sweet Extra Calories . Find out Why Kids Love Sweets .
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    I had to join in on this one...

As much as I love chocolate, my favorite is:

Toffee!

Unfortunately, toffee isn't kind to my teeth so I rarely indulge anymore but just the thought of it makes my mouth water.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Jumping in on this after Olivia and Caprice...

My favorite candy is Jordan Almonds--another thing that's hard on the teeth. Often served at weddings or other events in white or soothing pale pastel colors, they are also quite expensive--ouch!

Photo: Alex Kasperavicius Courtesy: Wikipedia Creative Commons

ami_nix responded:
    My friend's mom owns a candy store and every year for Christmas, she sends me these 80% cocoa dark chocolate bars.. they are so delicious, it's hard for me to keep it within the serving size

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Candy ain't candy unless it's chocolate IMO!

Hands down all time fave is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Any attempt to make them low fat or organic or sugarfree is an EPIC FAIL. My mouth is watering now...thanks Olivia! Where is my apple?!?!

bobby75703 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I agree with Haylen. I really don't eat much candy, but will have some Hershey's chocolate maybe once a month.

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD replied to bobby75703's response:
    Peanut M&Ms....Baby Ruth.....my mother's homemade peanut butter fudge.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Rod_Moser_PA_PhD's response:
    Dr. Moser,

Homemade peanut butter fudge beats my over-the-counter chocolate pb treat! YUM!

H

ChloeMcG13 responded:
    From Chocolate Bar NYC - the dark salty pretzel bar or the peppermint bark! Or their chocolate drizzled caramel popcorn - to die for!! Chocolate all the way! And the mint M&M's they always have at Christmas; reminds me of being a kid - my mom had them in bowls in the living room - they didn't last long!

Happy holidays!

Landica41910 responded:
    but of course, chocolate is a girls' best friend!
    specifically Snickers, Milky Way, Reese's cups, Twix and Hersheys Cookies and Creme.
    I havent heard of sugar-free versions of any of them so i just indulge in them as-is.

MarySings responded:
    So many to choose from!

Plain Hershey bars
    Crisp Hershey bars
    Peanut butter cups
    Hershey kisses
    M&Ms - plain

All plain ole chocolate for me!

And there is more:
    Rice Krispie treats
    Gummy bears (I'll pass on the worms, etc.)
    Cheese cake with strawberries
    Chocolate chip ice cream

Am I getting carried away? LOL

mhall6252 responded:
    Oohh, dark chocolate turtles are one of my faves:

But a few years ago, someone got me a box of Christopher Elbow artisan chocolates, and nothing since has come close to being as good:

Each one is a work of art. Usually if someone gives me chocolates I give them away or toss them because I'm diabetic and I try to keep my blood sugar in check. But when I got these, I had to eat them (after admiring them for a couple of days) one each night until every last one of them was gone. I let my DH have ONE! If you want to give a Christmas present of candy, you can order these online. Not your ordinary box of chocolates!!!

trying2trimup responded:
    peppermint,chocolate anything with caramel love peppermint hard candy

DonaldDuck42 responded:
    I have to admit that chocolate is my favorite, and it is a toss-up between Reeses Cups and Almond Joy.

But, I love Twizzlers as well, especially the pull-apart kind.

There's just something satisfying about playing with your food.

Donald

cyn22mull responded:
    I love chocolate so I am going to say dark chocolate kit kats or heath bars.

Expert Blog

Diagnosis: Reality Check

Putting perspective on health news and names in the spotlight.Read More