I'm so sorry to hear of your and the other members' reactions here. This article does state that, "After poison ivy , metal allergy is the most common form of allergic skin reaction, often referred to as contact dermatitis."
Also, here are the Top 10 Causes of Skin Allergy , which lists a number of metals and other substances and where they can be found (ie jewelry, clasps, medical products, etc.).
While I hadn't really thought of this before, you have some great questions on the effects of popular concrete flooring.
According to this Dust Allergies Overview , "Concrete stays damp and creates the moist, humid environment that dust mites crave." Therefore, if one lives with unsealed concrete floors and has dust allergies, this could definitely be a trigger.
Our Moisture and Mold Problems Overview also suggests to, "Consider painting concrete floors and using area rugs instead of wall-to-wall carpet in basements. If you plan to install carpet over a concrete floor, it may be necessary to use a vapor barrier (plastic sheeting) over the concrete and cover that with sub-flooring (insulation covered with plywood) to prevent a moisture problem."
I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms after moving to the city. I hope that you will see a primary care doctor or a board certified allergist about this reaction to your new environment. Many allergens in your surroundings may be causing this, but hopefully through allergy testing you will learn what to avoid and how to treat your condition. Please keep us posted on how things go.
Adopting a kitty? If this is the first time you've ever had a cat you're twice as likely to have an allergic reaction. A new study shows that adults who had pet cats as kids are less apt to become allergic to their new feline family members.
I'm sorry to hear about your concern and do know that conjunctivitis, otherwise known as "pinkeye" is extremely contagious and spreadable. Whether bacterial or viral, you have to be extremely cautious not to touch your eyes and be sure to wash your hands continuously throughout the day.
Here is a great Topic Overview for you to check out, but I also highly suggest you speaking to your doctor about his/her thoughts on treatment of your personal condition.
While this treatment can be great for cleaning and clearing sinuses, neti pots "should be filled with sterile water — either distilled water, or previously boiled water — with a small amount of non-iodized salt added according to instructions."
Please read our latest News Blog to learn more about N. fowleri amoeba and neti pot safety. Feel to comment on your neti pot use!
I'm sorry to hear about your reaction and hope that you will call your doctor immediately if you are still suffering from these side effects. I'm unsure if this could be an allergy, as I'm not a medical professional, but do know that it is possible to have a chemical burn from bleach on your skin. Here is a Guide to Chemical Burns that may help you more.
Please seek medical attention if you are in any pain and let us know how you are doing.