have a severe allergy to mold spores. it affects my blood pressure as well so it fluxuates all over the place. amongst 100 other symptoms however my body will not respond to any medication and i suffer greatly. i have tried almost every medication including steroids with no help. i have purchased a dehumidifier etc with no relief. mold is also a toxin however and even if removed from sight its what u cant see that still grows and or will put off a toxin esp when heated. i have been battling this for 6 yrs and the drs are now advising me strongly to move from this region. this means leaving my family. how its works is the spores float and attach themselves to any surface and with proper moisture will begin to grow. its a horrid cycle. so if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them. next route is to use UV lights since it kills mold... not sure how to remove the spores tho.View Thread
hi jen , i have been dealing with a severe mold allergy for 6 yrs nnow. alot of my symptoms mimic other things as in ms, asthma , arthritis and gallstones to name a few. i get mildly dizzy to vertigo. all my test come back negitive as well and nothing they give me works. mold can be in any home and yes basements are famous for it. the odor/gas from it can seep through walls etc. then add heat it becomes a deadly toxin. like i said i have dealt with this for many yrs now and only thing the drs are telling me now is to move. natural herbs etc seem to help but removal of the mold can be costly. most extreme you would have to tear down ur home. wish i had some words of wisdom here but i dont . have an allergy test to make sure. and if u find a dr that helps u, please let me know.View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.