To answer your question, Yes! As a retired Certified Mold Inspector and having spent 20 years in Indoor Air Quality, I can say that many of the A/C systems are loaded with mold.
It grows on the coils and in the ductwork. According to the EPA, the air in your home is many time more polluted than the air outside.
Over time, a persons immune system can break down and they become sensatized to a pollutant. At this point other things that never bothered you before can now do so.
Get rid of all the air fresheners. They are toxic! I don't care if they say they are natural. I have worked with thousands of people will allergies and asthma.
Filters are worthless.The smalles particulate they can remove is .3 microns in size. 97% of the particulate floating around is smaller than this.
Scented candles also bring their problems with the respiratory system.
If you smell a musty smell or an old house smell, chances are that you are smelling mold. To rid the home of the problem, you will have to go with an advanced air sanification system.
They drop the dust, pollen, animal dander and mold spores from the air in your home. They also kill mold, bacteria, viruses, break down chemical gasses, and biological contaminates. They also do a great job on odors.View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.