Just to add. I use neat bleach to clean the bathroom including the tiles which takes an hour. The bleach fumes make me cough and my eyes and nose run. What harm is this doing? I want to stop using bleach in the bath water and for clean buty OCD doesn't allow me to.
I have suffered from "Contamination" OCD for 25 years. I have some questions which having the answers to would really help.
When I'm having a bad OCD day I put 2 bottles of bleach in my bath water and saturate my body and hair in it for 15 mins and leave neat bleach on my hands for 1hr 15mins. What is the minimum time I could do this for to kill all contaminants?
Since I have been doing this (for over 4 years now) my hair and nails have stopped growing would the bleach be the cause?
Is there an alternative I could use in the bath which would have the same contaminant killing effect as the bleach?
When my OCD is not too bad I shower using Dermol and leave on my skin and hair for 10 mins is this as effective as using bleach?
Is the bleach baths harming me? I have 3 a week.
I used to use neat disinfectant before I began using the bleach on my skin. Is disinfectant more effective than bleach!
I put my clothes through a wash 4 times before I feel they are contaminant free would once be enough? I use 2 scoops of Persil and 2 scoops of Vamish Extra Hygiene in every wash.
Do pre treaters in washing powder kill continants or just clean away dirt?
When you take a shower does the water cause contaminants on your body to stick to the walls. If this is the case when you are clean does the water cause contaminants on the walls to again stick to your body?
What is the best contaminant killing cleaner to use around the home ie disinfectant, bleach, household products and how long should you leave the cleaner in contact for, for it to work?
I am on prescribed medication but it only helps to a degree.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.