Dear Friends who share the health burden of asthma and the problems it can bring into our lives. At one point in my life, my daughter and I moved into a different place to live. I started having asthma attacks and my daughter starting bouts of bronchitis. My attacks became so intense that an ambulance was called to my home 3 times in a 1 month period of time. My doctor was very concerned and said that I must have mold in my home some where. He suggested I get several mold testing kits to set around my home in several areas. The kits were under $10 a piece which I purchased at Lowes. I followed the easy directions on the mold kits then to have my test analyzed, it was mailed to a special lab, I believe it was in Florida(there was an additional cost to have the tests analyzed). I received a very complete and detailed report from the lab. I had 3 different molds in the air in my home which was making me and my daughter very sick with asthma. One of the molds even causes emphezema! The molds were caused by poor ventilation in the attic and roof and the vents from the bathrooms were venting into the attic causing moisture in the attic, instead of being vented outside the home. These molds could not be seen with the naked eye. We moved to another home as soon as a could! I have asthma on a rare occasion now. Thank God for a caring doctor smart enough to know about health hazards in our homes. By the way, I later found out that the woman who lived in the infected home before me, had to have half of one of her lungs removed because of mold! UNBELIEVEABLE! I hope this information may help someone out there that may be in the same situation we were in. God Bless!View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.
Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.