Hi Cookie! So animals follow you too lol. That's funny about your dog and the cat. Our dog wants our cat to play with her so she dodges the cat to try to get it to run lol. Our cat snuggles up to our dog then our dog gets jumpy then the cat panics and hisses and tries to scratch our dog, and it doesn't help that our dog is jealous of the cat. We can't have that. Well, we are going to take the cat to the SPCA because she is an outdoor cat and we cannot keep her in the house when the weather turns cold. My husband is allergic to cats and I think I am too. We will miss her she has a lot of personality for a cat. Smoochies!!! View Thread
Nothing new to report. I have to sign in every once in awhile or I will forget my password.
I twisted my lower back last weekend riding my bicycle, but it was so bad yesterday I couldn't get out of bed. Went to docs this morning for a steroid shot will get muscle relaxers tonight after work. I can barely walk. My boss bought me lunch. That was nice of him. FYI - Boss' Day is this Thursday.
1. What made you smile today? My back pain hurts so much today it makes me laugh.
2. Where do you feel most safe? Most of the time in my house.
3. Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what is it? Yes. Trying to get away from bears and lions, and snakes.
4. What is your favorite TV show theme song? I don't watch TV that often to remember the tunes.
5. What are your best memories from your childhood? Camping in the mountains.
6. What is the best compliment you have ever received? That I am a compassionate person.
7. What is something you are afraid of doing even after doing it many times before? Going to the dentist. Scrape..scrape!!! I hate that sound.
8. What was the last nice thing you did for yourself? Hot bubble bath.
9. How do you show someone you appreciate them? I tell them.
10. What past fear have you since conquered? Socializing in small groups.
11. What's the most memorable interaction you've had with a stranger? Strangers who need help often choose me out of a large crowd. Could be for money, directions, could you watch this for me, etc. I guess I look like someone who picks up strays. Animals follow me too.
12. What's for dinner tonight? Chicken breasts and brussel sprouts. View Thread
(((Cookie - hugs))) So glad that you have found a friend in a neighbor. We all need those.
Things done lately: My in-laws visited us last week and their visit jump started me into a new sleeping routine 8-9 hours instead of 12-13 hours. I am still eating a lot especially now that I am staying up later, but now that I am not as depressed I have more energy and am more active so hopefully it will balance out somehow. Thinking about joining an Over-eaters anon group since diets do absolutely nothing for me in the long term except make me depressed.
My very patient MIL tried to teach me how to knit, but I lost patience after about 10 minutes. So I am no longer in the knitting ministry at church.
I took Topomax for weight loss and had horrible side effects (tiredness forgetfulness dizziness). Talk to your doctor about the side effects you are having and ask your doctor about other medications that treat bipolar disorderView Thread
I hope your new therapist can help you with your feelings of guilt and trying to measure up. Seems we can have good coping skills but those feelings of low self-worth can dwell in us longer than we want to admit. I have problems with that too. I hate taking psych meds too and worrying about what the long term side-effects will be. They do make me feel better though and the last thing I want to do is 'crash.'
That's great that your pastor helped you to connect with your psychiatrist. Good luck! Last Sunday at my church, the pastor talked about Robin Williams after the service and said the church is the first place the mentally ill need to come. It would be great if my church would host a NAMI or DBSA group and put that into practice. They already host AA meetings.View Thread
Dear Dr. G, A couple of months ago you posted that "there are no known/proven remedies for helping cognitive dysfunction in bipolar disorder." By remedies do you mean medications or therapy? I am thinking about paying for a subscription to do online cognitive training, I have downloaded and use cognitive training games, and CBT is the mode of treatment in my therapy sessions. It appears to me that these therapies would help treat any cognitive impairments I may have. Why would these be or not be considered remedies? Thank you, Mercy View Thread