Thank you, Janie! I always meant to get a diagnosis, just not the invasive needle biopsy offered. I did some research and some oncologists are recommending a excisional rather than needle biopsy. Thanks to the both of you for taking the time to care!View Thread
Thank you, Debbie for replying to my post. You were the only one! Yes, I am going to have a biopsy, an "excisional"one. I just didn't want them cutting into cancer, that's all. My doctor and the insurance company are abiding by my wishes and allowing me to have the choice. One surgery, one diagnosis. I simply told them that I wanted it out even if it was benign. Still planning on keeping my Thermography appointment, though. I will post the outcome of both procedures soon. Thank you for caring, debbie.View Thread
Hi all, I'm a newbie to this site and recently had a yearly mammagram which came back abnormal. I had additional views with a ultrasound which also came back abnormal. The first radiologist said everything was good but the second radiologist said it looked suspicious and scheduled me to have a biopsy. I have delayed the biopsy because of a fear that the biopsy could cause the cancer to spread if indeed I have breast cancer. I recently read about a new noninvasive test called thermography which can spot breast cancer and other cancers before they can be seen on a mammogram or other test. I have decided to have this test first since is only $250 and noninvasive. If it comes back positive for a problem, I will talk to my doctor about the results and take it from there. Has anyone else heard of this?View Thread
Billie, you amaze me. I'm new here and having troubles of my own, but reading about you and your mom's bc has been very helpful. You are not alone! We who don't really know you, really do care. Stay positive and listen to these amazing bc survivors who will be with you every step of way on this journey.View Thread
Hi twinnmama, I read your post with much interest since the same thing is happening to me! At first I was told everything was fine and that I had a simple cyst which needed to be aspirated. I specifically asked if all was well and was told yes. Then I get this phone call from my doctor's office saying that I am going to have to give them a tissue sample instead. I will go on Monday to have the procedure. Needless to say, I am now worried as to what this all means! I was told that a 2nd radiologist thinks my "spot" looks "suspicious". Sounds like we are in the same boat, I'm afraid.View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.