an Please discuss this with clergy your doctors and family. In the end it will be up to your husband. I know it affects you also but your husband needs to decide if he is up to the fight or just wants to go peacefully. My husband father had pancreatic cancer and decided not to fight it. My husband has oral cancer which is quite aggressive and has decided to fight it. If he wants to fight it ask what trails are open and if there might be a chance for longer survival if he participates.
anon . Why have any communication if you have negative feelings for her. Health wise a positive attitude helps with recovery and a negative can slow down recovery and lead to depression. Going back into a relationship with her benefits no one.
inquiry1234 Do not become pushy and take over. I did and my husband band me from goining with him when he sees the doctor. Your loved one is in so much pain he is lashing out at you. this is not intentional. Besides the pain your loved one is scared out of his/her wits. The way my husband explains the pain he has is it like having surgery with no anesthesia, it is constant 24/7. He just finished chemo/radiation combo. Ask your love one if you can talk to his/her doctor about pain and how to control it. Try to do this on one of the good days. There is no reason not to be on pain medication. I know you are going crazy.The way I delt with the waiting was talking to my sister on the really bad days, immerse my self in my work and house cleaning. I know it is hard but give your loved one time to deal with it. Stay in the picture and when he/she is ready they will talk to you about what they are going through.
Anon I can not answer your question. It depends on how far spread the cancer is. Is it a small local tumor? has is spread out side of the pacreas? Your relative will need to set down with a doctor and discuss all of the options. surgery, radiation and chemo, chemo by itself or a combination of all three. Tell your relative to remember it is his decision not the doctors. It is his life. The decision must be his. If the doctor refuses to discuss all options or do what your relative wants find another doctor. Make sure to check out the doctor through the web or references from other patients. Observe the office surroundings. How the doctor interacts, answers questions. If he can not or will not answer your questions leave. He is not a good doctor. The doctor should want to educate and show you what he is talking about and tell you all of your options. He will make a suggestion as to the type of treatment he recommends but will either do what your relative wants or recommend you to some one who will. I can not stress enough it is the patients decision not the doctors or family. His/her life is at stake. The decision must be the patients.
Please gather all of your medical information and make an appointment with a different doctor for a second opinion. The low grade fever with an elevated wbc count coupled with severe abdominal pain worries me. endometriosis, pelvic inflamatory disease,ruptured ovarian follicles and ruptured ovarian cysts,Urinary tract infections, appendicitis. These are some of the problems that can occur with your symptons. So please see a second doctor. The doctor your are seeing does not know what is wrong and is using tests to make his diagnosis for him instead of using the testing to confirm his suspected diagnosis. The key to a diagnosis is a thourogh history and physical exam followed by testing to confrim the suspected diagnosis. Ask family and friends who they see or who they would recommend then check the doctors out on the web.
www.hopkinsmedicine.org John Hopkins has an excellent reputation in the D.C. area. They are located in Baltimore Maryland. The above is their web site.
George Washington University Hospital in Washington D.C. has an excellent cancer center. My husband is being treated for oral cancer and is doing quite well. His is an aggressive cancer that requires a check up every 6 weeks for the next 5 years.
FYI my husband was turned down 3 times for surgery before he found an excellent surgeon. The 3 doctors that turned down thought the surgery too dangerous and the 4th doctor said no problem.
beccabootrout I am no medical expert but how did they rule out infection. An elevated white cell count can indicate infection especially with a fever. What lab tests did they request and what were the results? You may want to go to a different doctor for a second opinion. If you need the emergency room again go to a different hospital if possible. Out of couriosity did they put you on a wide spectrum antibiotic? wView Thread