pdank, there is a lean sub-set in the Type IIs (~15%). Many of us were always physically active, ate a sensible diet, and have never been overweight in our lives. Granted, for the other 85% of the Type IIs, they follow the stereotype, so for them I suppose it is a "lifestyle" disease. We don't benefit from weight loss, continue our activity, and watch our food intake more closely, and many of us are in excellent control (my last HgA1c, in September, was 5.0).
Michell, we are all sorry to hear that things haven't gone well. I know you'll stay strong through the radiation (sounds like you have the radiation equivalent of "chemo brain", something my daughter complained about).
Good morning! I'm drinking coffee right now, black hi-test, but it's the only cup I'll have today. Have already drunk a 12 oz glass of water (to wash down my meds), and will drink at least two more today. There will be several water breaks during the day. I usually drink two diet sodas (12 oz) a week, on the days I volunteer.
Would love to join you in a glass of fresh orange juice, but I almost never drink juice of any kind, prefer to get my fruit carbs with a dose of fiber, so just eat the fresh stuff!
betaquartz, me too. Thin, as active as my arthritis permits, never have been overweight. Even my weight gain in pregnancy was 25 lbs or less...and none of my babies were anywhere near 9 lbs! I get tired of hearing about obese type IIs...some of us have to eat to keep our weight up.
I would also argue against the "loss of leg hair". As we age, we tend to lose body hair (unless we were very hairy to begin with). I don't think it has anything to do with diabetes, just one of the dubious benefits of being over 65!
I scored 63% also. Mostly because I disagreed with the available answers. BP levels are too high, where to stick...that depends on your meter. Most multiple choice quizes need the "none of the above" option, they tend to be too black and white.