I always ASSUMED that my family's favorite beef stroganoff would be off-limits when I am dieting. But today I finally calculated the calories and I found that if I limit myself to one serving, it's within my meal limits.
1. Food journalling with others is the fastest way to learn healthy eating. (if at least one eats healthy)
2. Weighing every day should be used in conjunction with a written log of weight. A small increase in weight is worth investigating. Did I eat too much sodium yesterday? Drink too little water? But should not discourage. Stay the course and correct your diet and exercize.
3. Exercize matters, but is the smaller part of the weight loss equation.
4. Your support group must keep you positive. Hopeless thoughts lead to hopeless actions.
5. Humor helps.
6. Measurements of as many possible parts of the body once per week ore so will give you something positive even if the scale doesn't . Kim had us measure wrists, biceps, bust, waist, hips, lower tummy, thighs, calves and ankles. It is worth measuring both arms and legs and keeping a separate record.
7. Records are important. What kicked me off on my current effort was finding an old weight journal and seeing how I worked the weight off. Success fuels success'
Thanks to TotallyWiggedOut (Kim) and the gangView Thread
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to regular unsweetened rolled oats and added freshly grated apple, made it with skim milk instead of water, added cinnamon and just a touch of brown sugar, it got me all the way to lunch.View Thread
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13