Hi folks, First time i've been on this discussion board, but I've had tonic-clonic and partial complex seizures for 8 years now. I'm refactory for almost all the current medications that are available, but take lamotrigine and zanisomide right now with limited side effects, but not full seizure control. And recently (last 6months) my neurologists referred me to an epilepsy center for testing for surgery. I've been through a variety of the testing, with all but one of the final tests completed. I've been waiting for 4 months now, for the (as the hospital center put it) "machine" to be fixed. I call regularly to get a status on where we they are at but continue to get the same answer. I'm getting past upset, and to the point where maybe i should just punt on this whole surgery as an option thing, and just learn to deal with ever changing meds and ongoing seizures.
So, I'd like some input if you would. I'm I just being too pushy on this as i would like to see some progress? I know that some folks have tests that take years to complete before surgery options are considered. Or should i just clam up and deal with it?