So glad to hear!!! Sounds like things are stressful but well!!! I hope everyone is adjusting well and things are getting better!!
Everything by us is going ok! Nathan will be 4 on the 21st and is in Pre-k. He is having a great year at this school. The ONLY issue we are experiencing is that my sister, who lives in the apt above us just bought a dog, Nathan is allergic to dogs, even "hypoallergenic" dogs. Soooooooo we are starting Claritin again and will see what happens....ugh!!View Thread
Without knowing the whole situation I can tell what you guys are trying to do is a wonderful thing! If only there were more kind and loving people like you guys in this world. It's sad what some of these kids endure out there. I told my husband, if we ever won the lottery we were going to buy a nice house, adopt a kid or two and hire a cleaning lady lol. I've always wanted to adopt a child to give them a better life. I hope everything works out and even if it doesn't it's always the thought that counts.View Thread
1. I was reading articles about Nathalie and her parents started a foundation through her name. Then I read about a food allergy walk in California and I googled and found a walk on Long Island. I immediately joined and started a team. Nobody has donated yet but some have joined my team lol! Not sure if you'd be interested in your hometowns but thought I'd mention it. It's through FARE.
2. I joined a Facebook group called 'Peanut allergy and anaphylaxis." It's a great group and they get into some deep discussions and sometimes disagreements but its different when you are talking with people who also have kids with this allergy. Non allergy parents would make me angry but this is ok. I know you guys have some different allergies but thought maybe you'd be interested.
3. Remember this Epi pen coupons I told you about? Someone posted that you could get them right from the Epi pen website.View Thread
My allergist told us that if he accidently ingested peanuts to go straight to the hospital to be monitored....you should def think it over....knock on wood, that plan is never needed but it's better to be extra prepared.
I can't get you a link on this story because most of our sites are blocked at work but google the name Natalie Giorgi. She accidently ingested a tiny bit of peanut butter while at camp and wound up dying from the reaction.
Personally I think she should have been rushed to the hospital for observation. She was 13 and took a bite of a rice krispie treat which is normally a safe snack. Apparently there was a peanut butter and chocolate icing on it. Once she realized it she spit it out right away. Her mom gave her Benadryl and observed. It took 20 minutes for her throat to start to close and her dad administered the epi pen 3 times but it wasn't enough to save her. I would never play the blame game because what happened is horrible but thought I'd share to remember to always be on our toes (not that I thought any of us needed the reminder really). All it takes is one teeny mistake View Thread
Our allergist began to tell us something like this about peanuts and I just cut him off and said no lol. Maybe I should have listened to the whole thing but I think I would be too scared to go through with it.
I think it was slightly different though....I think it was a different way to test for the allergy. But that fact that he has had a reaction, I know he has the allergy so I just didn't want to hear it. Maybe next visit I will listen to what he has to say....moreso so I can report back to you guys lol.View Thread
With our insurance we don't have copays. My allergist always has coupons and I always take them just in case my mom or someone else needs them. I don't know if you would feel comfortable giving out your addresses but I could mail them to you guys. It was to recieve a bunch of free ones. I have one in my car now actually.View Thread