Hey, I am 23 and had been having the same problem as most of you ladies with itchy, irritated nipples BUT i have now overcome it. Just skip to the steps down the bottom if you dont want to read the lead up.
I have very sensitive skin so odd things like this happen to me fairly often. have to be on my toes and retrace my steps back to workout what caused it. I have to be careful what i use on my skin and what i wear (just keep that in mind that actually plays a huge role). So i was having the same problem with seeping itchy nipples and aureola (both sides) it got to point where my bra would stick and rip off skin. So, mindfully, I took an approach to overcoming the problem but first i wanted to workout what was causing it. i figured it was itchy to begin with out the skin being dry so now that i look back to me that is a telling sign of eczema (had it when i was younger but went away as i got older). A snowball effect happened after that. Scratching ect until it got to the point where it was so sore and inflammed. It had been going on for about 2months. I guessed it was was eczema that had just gotten really bad and left too long. I took these steps;
1. I am fortunate to always have dermol cream because my mum is a nurse and swears by it. Dermol is a cream (for the treatment of inflamation skin conditions-that is what is says on the tube lol) and it requires a prescription so you will have to go to the doctor. I also use it for eczema, however only when it flairs up and gets bad not just when it itchys a little. It is a steroid cream essentially so daily use is not recommended.
2. I used the cream after my shower it the morning. Really gross to do when the wound is seeping and stuff. I then locked my bra in nice and tight and made sure not to move it or touch it all day. (that is really difficult to do when you can feel it starting to stick but DON'T move it. Doing so will rip the skin off then you have to start all over again).
3. And the end of the night I carefully removed the bra, yes it had stuck, but just be gentle lol. No skin peeled off. The aureola and nipple was now really, really dry (not an open wound anymore! yay).
4. I applied some more dermol cream that night. I then slept in a cotten singlet and made sure to sleep on my back.
5. Next morning WOW. the wound had almost healed over. I had a shower and again put on some dermol cream (you could use vaseline cream if you dont want to use dermol at this stage) The problem at this stage is the new skin will dry up very quickly and you dont want that to happen because it will peel . Keep it hydrated lol
6. I now use vaseline conditioning cream with vitamins,A E,and B5 (when required). It is fast absorbing which is key because i dont want anything to stick to my bra. Note: Nothing is itchy now exept for some old skin that is peeling off but happy, health, normal skin is underneath!!!
I hope this helps. Sorry for the novel lol. I Just think with cases like this sometimes the more info the better Be sure to see a doctor and get some cream. It is great stuff! Good luckView Thread