In the beginning of August I was diagnosed with severe dysplagia cin3/cis. . Previous to this diagnosis I had not had a pap in 14 years so I have no idea how long it has been there. I am scheduled for a cone biopsy in a little over a week. The hospital that I am having my biopsy done at wants $700 up front before I am even allowed in there hospital to do the surgery. I have insurance that covers 80% but my portion is almost $1400 and they will not allow me to be scheduled without at least half down. My options are to wait another few months until I can save up this amount of money or not pay a few bills and catch them up later to have the procedure done now. Can a few months make a huge difference in the prognosis?View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.