I am 8 weeks preg on Sunday. I went on Thur for my first sono, and it has happened for the 2nd time since last preg in Dec, a blighted ovum. All that is present is a yolk sac:( I am devastated. Last d&c was done early jan. Testing showed no chromosomal abnormalities. I met with the OB after the sono. She said it could be implantation into the uterus. The tech asked if I had a clotting issue. I asked he OB and she said she will run labs for it, but she doubts it as I have had two healthy preg's before.
My questions are 1) could having a second d&c only months apart pose any risks?
2) if I do have a mthfr gene mutation, is it possible that it could lay dormant for years and just now become an issue. I assume this is not something that is reviewed with your first prenatal labs, correct? Does a gene mutation cause a possible spleen enlargement- since I have that going on still? GView Thread
Gail- I was diagnosed with the SiBO as we discussed. My sis is in the medical field and we were discussing my enlarged spleen. She said the spleen is reacting to something, then we got on the topic of leaky gut issues. I did research that SIBo can lead to a leaky gut. I have to follow up with the Gi anyway, but am now curious if this is to be a situation for me, would the toxins and such that are leaking out- what kind of risk could that pose on the pregnancy, if any at all.View Thread
I am trying very hard not to stress or worry this time around. It was my GI who told me it "shouldn't" affect a pregnancy. I don't see my OB for another 3 weeks, so I know this is the critical part and worry since the last preg didn't develop beyond 5 weeks.View Thread
I posted back in Dec when I was around 5 weeks due to my concerns with SIBO and my pregnancy. Sadly that preg never developed passed 5 weeks and I had a D&C at 9 Weeks Following this I was diagnosed by my GI for SIBO- due to excessive belching and upper left discomfort. I took a 2 week course of Xifamin. Sadly, I still experience belching and on and off discomfort. I asked the GI if SIBO could affect the preg and he feels it should not at all. I am elated to be pregnant again, roughly 5 weeks. I can't help but feel so scared after my recent experience. I am curious if the excessive belching could hinder development on the baby? Is it possible for those with SIBO to carry a healthy developed fetus? I did have my B-12 and Folic acid levels checked in Feb (pre antibiotics) and they were normal. I am assuming they would still be post antibiotics. My Vit D is 29, so I am supplementing. My TSH is 3.04 so my meds were just increased, and my endo said my Total T3 is low, but he doesn't use that as a gauge (he really didn't answer me about that). I would like to do everything right to make this one a success for me. I can't help but to feel scared. I am feel super bloated in my lower AND upper abdomen. Is that common with preg, or could it be the SIBo, or a combo of both? Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated!! THank youView Thread
My OB said I could have sex one week post surgery. I want to wait until my exam on Monday for that. In the meantime, is it safe to have an orgasm by clitoral stimulation? I am worried about an infection in some way as I want to try again after my next period. I called my on office to ask but never heard back today. Is it ok to orgasm this way?View Thread
Gail- my OB said it was safe to have sex a week post d&c. I am one week today. I am waiting until my exam on mon. I have minimal sporadic cramping. My bleeding is very slight, more of a brown discharge. Is it safe to orgasm by clitoral stimulation while I wait for my exam? I am afraid of an infection, but would avoid any vaginal intercourse. Thank youView Thread
I sadly experienced my first blighted ovum at 9w5d and had a d&c performed Fri. Physically I am ok, mentally- whole different story. My question is- I have been eating and drinking as normal, but have yet to pass a bowel movement since Thurs night. Is this normal since I had been knocked out possibly?
Thank youView Thread