Sorry Gail, our last replies to each other was removed for I wanted remain anonymous. U had mentioned that : P24 is not useful after 6 weeks or so and is used in blood donations and that you would not recommend PCR and the article on ars,acute and seroconversion.
1. Can u kindly repost the link alone?
2. Lastly, once again if I get screening in my favour, PCR would never even in future would change its result and this alone is self sufficient? Anyother test in anyform however cosly is required? I am ready to take it toget over this and hence i am asking..View Thread
The following is my case. I had two possible exposures: 1) Sep 2009 - A stripper gave me blow for a min or so without any condom. At that time, I had no idea about this is also a possible way of getting infected. 2) Nov 2010 - I went to Tijuana, Mexico and with one of the hookers there, the following happened. I was in my underpants, through which she blew me. I had contact with my mouth to her breasts(nipples) a few times. She then ejaculated me with her hand and a day after, I found that there were some tear on my organ under the foreskin (something like wear and tear). No Vaginal/Anal/Oral Intercourse.
Since that was the one and only time I had risked my life, I just wanted to make sure everything was fine and took an ELISA after two weeks. I was negative. But the doc said, just take once more after 6 months to get rid of this thought.
I had taken the foll tests (In chronological order): 1) Two weeks from exposure :- ELISA 2) 6 months :- CMIA 3) 8 months - CMIA 4) 8 months - Western Blot specific for type I, general for Type II 4) 10 months - CMIA 5) 12 months - CMIA 6) 19 months - CMIA
All the above tests have been negative so far. However, I am clearly describing my concerns below. Please someone help me:
1) I am falling sick more often nowadays. 2) I am getting oral ulcers. Frequent dry feeling in mouth and tongue. In turn due to dehydration, my tongue turns white.My ENT says, it doesn look Bad and it might be Geogrophic Tongue. She doesn about my exposures. 3) Except CMV(Cyto Megalo Virous) I tested negative for all the other STI's. That is, I got positive for a previous CMV infection in the past and tested negative for all the other STI's like Herpes, Chlymida etc.. But, some people say only people with lesser immunity get CMV. Mainly HIV patients. This is also freaking me out. 3) Currently, the most recent freak out thing is, I am not able to swallow things properly (discomfort and pricking feeling) for the past one month or so. It feels like somethings there in my throat and sometimes its an mild unclear pain. Also, see mild white patches which goes off and sometimes come.
My questions: 1)Whatever I did, are these possible exposures? Both the ones in Sep 2009 and Nov 2010 2) Are the tests that I had taken reliable? Should I take PCR or some other test? 3) Some people on the internet are saying, "however people say these tests are not accurate and everyday people are dying due to HIV/AIDS which has not been identified properly by the tests". Is this really true? 4) I am depressed and seriously concerned about my future. How much safe am I now?. What should I do to know whether I am good to go or not? I want to know whats happening very soon. I don wanna wait and some one after 5 years comes and says I am screwed forever.
Please Help Me. I am spending sleepless nights over the past two years. I would thank from the bottom of my heart to anyone who helps me.View Thread
Thanks again Gail. I called up a helpline here in the meanwhile and explained them my case. I got the following:
1) The counselor over phone said, if there were any contact of that person's body fluids with my wear and tear, then there is a chance of that exposure. Is this a possibility at all?
2) I forgot to mention you one thing. Which the counselor had asked me about. The hooker in Tijuana had a baby.I dont know whether she was a feeding mother. But she said, she has a baby and showed me some delivery marks. The counselor then said, whether any fluid oozed out of her nipples. I said, to my knowledge I did not. But since I told I had some beers on that day, she said she could not take my word completely. She finally said, her breast fluid also is a source of transmission. How true is this?
3)Finally, I elaborated about my tests. The counselor told me to believe my test reports and said the virus cannot be hiding for so long if there was an infection. I asked her, if there is a chance of me not producing still antibodies to be detected due to any specific medical condition. She said, such a case has not been recorded so far in my region. So, in general there are no exceptions on the maximum time to produce the antibodies detectable by tests?
4) The crazy person who said many people are still dying without proper testing has quoted some books saying, there are still some rare strains spreading from west Africa that are not being included in the current testing methods? The only way to be assured is to check some "T24" and see if there is something wrong there? I am sure I should not have dug so much into it. But, having across I just wanted to ask this also.
5)This is w.r.t to your answer - " I'm sure the issue will creep back into your head.". You mean psychologically if I dont get over it, the thought will keep rounding me?
I do understand that I am getting very apprehensive. For once, I will just reiterate all the utmost concerns once again and get them clarified for I would want to get some counselling in getting over this. Kindly do not mistake me :
1) I am doing well and forgetting about these as long as I dont fall sick/ get any issues - Like the oral ulcers/diff to swallow kind of stuff which I had never had before. Since, the past CMV infection and what appears to me like oral candiasis, were all in one way or the other pointing to HIV infection, I started shivering. So, summing up - whatever health issues I get(Hoping I should not), however may be it associated with an HIV symptom, should I at all be bothered?
2) You have already answered this. Still, my local physician here said if I wanted, I can take a PCR test. I am afraid to take a new test, I dont want to go through it again. All this while I was thinking Western Blot was the ultimate confirmatory test. Have I waited long enough for my tests to be taken?Is this PCR even accurate than Western Blot? Can you kindly throw some light on this.
3) The root of all - regarding the encounter I had. More importantly, to educate myself. What are the chances of getting infected orally(Her Mouth on my Organ) and by having mouth to Breast Contact - If by accident or without notice her breast fluid enters my mouth? What are the high risk activities one should avoid?
4) As I said, I got shattered when I came across the comment that still many people die without even being diagnosed properly by these tests. What are the odds that these tests show up a false negative?
5) Finally, Like anybody else, can I boldly go ahead and start a family? Is there any chance of this issue creeping back again at any point?
Once again, I sincerely thank for answering my questions. I hope you do not get offended by these repetitive ones, I am just seeking a lil explanation as and when appropriate to calm myself and close this once and for all.
1) In my encounter, when I said, I had sucked her nipples, I did not visibly see any liquid coming. I had three beers and I am questioning myself again and again as to whether something came out of her breasts, but I am not able to get a solid answer for that. I read this one way of contracting the disease.
2) In my symptoms, when I said I am unable to swallo and possible white patches, I am referring to possible Oral Candidiasis. Hence, even more concern.
Again. thanks for your time. Expecting someone to helpme out.View Thread