Hello, I had sex on June 12th. There was oral and anal. I gave and received oral (the oral was protected) and I received anal (I cannot say for sure that it was or not protected, I do not remember very well). I had the following testing done:
2 weeks/ June 26 (approx. 14 days) - Rapid Test: Negative/ Undetectable 4 weeks/ July 10 (approx.: 28 days) - RNA and Antibody Test: Negative/ Undetectable 5 weeks/ July 17 (approx.: 35 days) - RNA and Antibody/ Antigen (4th Gen) Test: Negative/ Undetectable 7 weeks/ July 31 (approx.: 49 days) - RNA and Antibody/ Antigen (4th Gen) Test: Negative/ Undetectable 12 weeks and 4 days /September 8 (approx.: 88 days) - Oraquick at Home Test: Negative
At this point should I consider the results to be conclusive? I am not sure how accurate the Oraquick is and personally I am planning on an RNA/ 4th Gen in about 2 weeks (around day 100/ 14.5 weeks). I am not sure if it would be worth it, but I guess for more peace of mind I might feel more certain with that (It that makes any sense, I think it is the idea of a lab doing it not me). If it is not conclusive when would be considered conclusive and what tests would be best to have a final decision?View Thread
Hi, thanks for the reply. I just have a question, if you have an immune system issue you would need to wait for 6 months, but for the rest 12 months would be definitive and conclusive? Did you mean 12 weeks?View Thread
I had sex in which I was the recipient of anal sex. I also had oral. Oral was protected until the last minute, then he finished giving me oral. The anal was protected at first, but I am not sure if it was the whole time.
I went and was tested at 2 weeks post exposure.It was a rapid test and was negative. I was tested again at 4 wks (26 days) post exposure with an Antibody (3rd gen) and an RNA. Both were negative.
I am still very concerned about this. Should I feel somewhat comfortable or reliable with those results and the tests? I am going to get tested again at 5 and/ or 6 weeks. Would those be ones that I should feel good and reliable with?
I realize 3 months would be ideal, but I cannot wait that long. I have read that antibdy tests at 28 days are fairly reliable and that the RNA test at about 2-3 weeks is also. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.View Thread