Ellie, I'm so sorry for everything you have endured. I haven't posted in a very long time and I'm not even sure if my signature is still on here but I too suffered a ruptured ectopic and my OB was exactly like your RE-wait it out. My betas were tripling and doing well (I don't trust betas anymore-too high too quickly has been my experience with both my ectopics). Unfortunately, the day after an u/s, my tube ruptured and luckily we made it to the hospital in time. I don't think I or my DH have ever been so scared in our lives knowing what could have happened if we, or you even waited.
Know that I'm thinking and praying you heal quickly and in time, find the strength to move on. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.View Thread
Did RE #2 have any concerns about you transferrring your frozen embryos for your upcoming FET? We had a second opinion consult last week and while I love RE #2, he is very hesistant to allow us to transfer our 2 frozen blasts. He has encountered through the years of clinics not disclosing freezing methods therefore, he is unsure of the correct thawing method. RE #1 uses the new freezing method but he said there are different variations to it and unless RE #1's lab tells him specifically what was used, it could be a guessing game. We only really have this one chance for a sibling for DD as a fresh is not financially possible as this time and I want to make sure we make the right decision. Any experience you would have would be great.View Thread
My RE only uses delestrogen when patients have problems with adequate lining which is totally me. I was taking it daily and started at .2cc and eventually was up to .6cc daily. Obviously it didn't seem to help my lining so much but it could have been those 5 days where I didn't have the right dose and had to take a small concentrated dose daily. My E2 a week before I was cancelled was over 3,000! Wonder if that is why I haven't gotten AF and I'm on CD 50!View Thread
That's what I was on as well. What is your starting dose? I never experienced any spotting but just had horrible headaches each time the dose was increased which was about every 3-4 days. Are you going to call your RE? Did they tell you why they have you taking delestrogen and not estrace? I know every protocol is different-just curious. Good luck. When is your transfer?View Thread
It really depends on your coverage. We didn't think our insurance would cover the medications because they did not cover the treatment however, they did and we just had our copay. We had two options-Caremark and Medco. Caremark quoted our copay to be $1,100 for the follistim, menopur, lupron and progersterone IM. Medco (Acreedo speciality pharmacy) quoted us a $260 copay so that's all we paid for IVF meds. When we started FET, they again covered the Lupron and injectible estrogen but said we only had that coverage through the end of 2010. If we start anything this year, we have no coverage View Thread
Just got a call from RE's office saying we owe an additional $1,300 from our cancelled FET due to extra u/s. The total case rate was $5,500 and they allow patients to make 4 monthly payments. We only made one and then were cancelled but since RE had us doing so many extra u/s, there were charges we were't expecting. I'm thinking if we had complete the entire cycle, we would not have been charged. Still waiting for the billing lady to call me.
DH is pissed because we were not expecting these costs. He is pretty much adament that we are done with all of this and to accept that we will only have one child. So far, we have spent nearly $18,000 and have nothing to show for it except for a failed fresh and cancelled FET. I don't know how I can come up with any extra money. I was considering going to another clinic but I know DH won't go for it. I love my DD more than anything and I don't want to sound like I'm ungrateful for what I already have. Is it wrong to what to give her a sibling more than anything??? I think I rather deal with another BFN than to never know what could have been if we did FET.View Thread
Janet (33)DH (34) M/C 10/05 Clomid/IUI DD born 9/6/06 8/07 ruptured ectopic lost left tube 11/09 Clomid/IUI BFN 12/09 Clomid/IUI chem.pregnancy 6/10 right ectopic IVF 10/10 BFN FET Jan cance
Thank you for all for the info about the cost of meds, etc. I still have time to let this all process in my mind. Cheering everyone on for successful cycles and we can get the BFP train moving! Going to start praying alittle harder to St. Gerard and hopefully God hear's DD's prayers as well because she keeps asking for a baby brother or sister each night she goes to bed. Makes me sad though View Thread
Janet (32), DH (33) 2004-2005 9 clomid cycles with 2 IUI's-DD born 9/6/06 8/07 ruptured ectopic, lost left tube 11/09 Clomid/IUI BFN, 12/09 Clomid/IUI chemical pregnancy 6/10 right ectopic