I was on these boards many years ago and it's my first time back. I wanted thoughts opinions on my transfer.
We just finished our first IVF cycle due to my husband have a vasectomy in a previous marriage. We had our retrievals on Thursday, got lots of good sperm and 9 good quality eggs. Our chances were very good at fertilization. However on Friday they called with our results. 4 were immature and did nothing, 4 were very slow growing polar bodies. There was a chance they would continue to divide but unlikely, and we had 1 good embryo. We were crushed, we wanted some to freeze in case it didnt work. I should mention we did IVF with ICSI. They called 24 hrs later and said that there were no change in the slow 4 and we would do a 3 day transfer yesterday. I was majorly bummed.
We went yesterday got all prepped and were off to the room. Our dr walked in with somewhat good news...we had our one "good" 6 1/2 almost 7 cell and for some crazy reason one of "slow" 4 took off and started growing. It went from 21/2 to a 51/2 over night. Our Dr told us there would be a small chance it would have a genetic problem and suggested testing if we got a positive test. However, he said he felt it was just slower because it looked good. He wanted to transfer BOTH to up our chances. My husband and I literally had 30 seconds to decide. We threw caution to the wind and decided to transfer both.
We really didnt get a grade. Our clinic doesn't grade day 3 embryos, they concentrate on quality of them and number of cells on Day 3 instead of a letter grade. However he did say if he had to grade them he would say one was a good B and the other a C. So now we sit and wait.
My question is what do you think the likely hood of a BFP is with two embryos neither of which is perfect. I've been told it only takes one perfect one. Well we have 1 pretty good and one ok. I'm trying to stay positive and stay off of the Internet but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks so much!View Thread