I think you make some good points but I am pretty sure the main reason the board was created was to keep out a small number of posters who needlessly attacked almost every post a certain member made for no other reason than to just be nasty. By not inviting them to join the members-only board it eliminated the problem. I agree that there is still potential for disagreements that can get pretty heated on that board as well but the pointless, mean attacks that are sometimes hidden behind anonymous posts have not taken place here or on that board since it was created.View Thread
Reusable training pants? All I have found in the big stores is the Huggies and Pampers disposable training pants but I would like to find some reusable ones so she feels the wet more and helps with PT-ing. Thanks ladies!View Thread
Thank you all so much for your input!!! I think I am going to plan a potty boot camp for the next weekend I am home with DD all weekend and see how she does with some training pants. She is showing a lot of signs of being ready but I think right now the biggest hurdle is the absorbency of the diapers and her not feeling wet when she pees. We'll see what happens...View Thread
They may need to know it, but do they really need to know it in Elementary School? Absolutely not. I think this is completely inappropriate curriculum for children so young, especially to be teaching them about sexual acts with others before they are even taught about their own bodies and what changes will happen and why.View Thread
I'm sorry you and some of the other members don't always feel as accepted on these boards as you used to. I missed whatever happened on the other board yesterday but if it's anything like the post on this board I can't really blame anyone for not feeling welcome here anymore. I appreciate all you mamas who use this board as it was intended: to encourage one another, teach one another, and learn from one another. I wish that a few weren't trying so hard to ruin it for everyone. View Thread
I think that in a lot of mom social circles it does feel like everything is a competition and moms can get caught up in trying to prove that their LO can out-do their friends' LOs. Unfortunately, it can become so common within their little circle that when they are with someone else from outside their group they still feel the need to show off that little Johnny can count to 100 in French, say the alphabet backwards, recite the Gettysburg Address and so on and so forth.
I have a friend (more of an acquaintance now...) who has a DS 2 months older than my DD. My DD was an early talker and really has a pretty advanced vocabulary for as young as she is. She talks and talks all the time. Well, I think this makes my friend feel insecure about her DS which it shouldn't. He is not behind at all, and actually is also ahead from where the "target areas" are for a just-turned 2-year-old. I don't put DD on display for her or anything but obviously, she is going to talk up a storm because that is just what she does. My friend takes those opportunities to point out all the things her son does that my DD does not do. I will admit, sometimes it makes me feel bad but at the same time I do know that it all stems from her own insecurities for whatever reason.View Thread
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? Probably Blue-Green
2. What's the local weather? Sunny, Hot and Humid with a chance of afternoon showers...it's June in Florida!
3. What would you change about your attire today? I think my work shoes are ugly.
4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? Just finished it but I was REEEEALLY looking forward to it.
5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be? DD will be 2 and her party is going to be Elmo/Sesame Street
6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? Currently it's his saxophone.
7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? One of those little huts over the water in Fiji
8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? Our Master Bedroom. It's the only one where none of the furniture matches another. I would love to have a beautiful bedroom set with the matching bed, dressers, tables etc.
9. If you could change careers, what would you do? SAHM or if I had to work outside the home work as a Child Protection Investigator
10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? Scrapbooking
11. Can you sing? Yep!!! One of my favorite talents.
12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now? The Real Housewives of New York
13. What's your favorite quote or saying? "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."-Mother Theresa
I quote movies a lot too and the one I probably use the most is "You're killing me, Smalls!" from The Sandlot. I know, I'm a nerd. View Thread