Hey Ladies! I haven't been around much lately so thought I would join in!
1. How are your gardens coming along? Great! I did already started plants this year but want to start from seeds next year. I'm also doing mine in pots. I have 3 tomato plants that are going crazy. I had to stake them last night and all have over golf ball size tomatoes on them! Strawberries have quite a few flowers. Some bug has gotten them because some leaves have holes but I sprayed them last week. Sweet pepper plant has flowers too. I'm so excited!
2. How is potty-training coming along? Not even starting yet. She will be 2 the 26th of this month so I will start sometime after that. I am in no hurry this time. She has some interest so after her birthday we'll start working on it slowly.
3. What's LO's temperament these days? Comes and goes. She is an angel at times and a devil at times. Getting violent in her outbursts though. Hitting her sister, grabbing my neck when she is mad when I pick her up. A strong no breaks her heart though. Have not done TO but have occasionally set her in her room on the floor if she will not calm down
4. How do you handle discipline? Oops, see above! Redirection still works for us.
5. What new eco-friendly thing are you up to these days? I switched laundry detergents! I'm using www.crunchyclean.com and I LOVE it!!! I'm getting used to not smelling detergent when the clothes are clean but I read something recently that the smell is not good for you. Anyway, also drying alot of my clothes outside. Did about 10 loads this weekend and hung over half of it outside. Probably 2/3 I'd say.
6. Have any exciting plans for the summer? UGH...supposed to leave for Destin, FL next Friday but the oil is supposed to hit Pensacola today or tomorrow and it is only 45 miles from Destin. I'm freaking out. Nothing I can do about it though. Doing some more camping this summer and will officially start my marathon training in 2 weeks. I run 24 miles a week now but will officially log it and work it up in 2 weeks. View Thread
I live in Kansas (so does she) and I have never knowingly been tested for drugs at my OB's office or when I was in the hospital in labor. Wouldn't they have to inform you that they were testing you? I wish they would test her because I'm not sure how long prescription drugs or inhalants are in your system but I gotta think at least a week or so?
I might call CPS and just see what options we have. A rehab for expectant moms might be perfect.View Thread
Thanks everyone. I was just sick about this all last night. My mom said that a a week and a half ago (so she was pregnant then) she came over to her house and she was so strung out that she couldn't even keep her eyes open. Then I found out that someone else in the family saw her cutting up and snorting hydrocodone at a family wedding the beginning of May. Then my mom was talking to her mom and apparently she has overdosed twice this year. They never took her to the hospital because they were afraid psych would be called (DUH...that's what she needs) So according to all of this, she has not straightened up at all.
Does anyone know, will CPS get involved before the baby is born? Is there any way to report this?
Okay, so many people have posted their "I'm so frustrated THIS person is pregnant post" and this one is mine. Please bear with me.
My cousin will be 22 in July. She is an absolute mess. She is a pathological liar. She lies about EVERYTHING. She is a stripper and I think she is an escort too. She did some work for playboy and has a s*x website. I've seen pics that are absolute disgusting. Last year she was getting high by huffing tire cleaner. I saw her on Easter and she was so strung out on something that she could hardly talk. She is about the most immature person I know. Oh and at Easter she got in a fight with another cousin and yelled to the entire family that she was not on illegal drugs she was on 12 different medicines because she has cancer. I *think* from conversations with her sister that she might have had pre-cancer cells in her cervix (I had this at 22 yrs old). She posted on her FB page on May 17 that she had surgery and yesterday she posted that she is 5 weeks pg. GREAT! UGH!
Okay, rant over. I'm very sad about this. I pray that if this is true that she matures and becomes a good mother but I don't see how that can happen. I'm so sad.
Oh, and for the record...I do not judge her line of work. It's not my life.View Thread
Great job Kim! You can also add scent to your detergent. I'm sure the detergent I'm using from Crunchy Clean or Rockin Green is about the same as this stuff. I've used it the last 6 loads and I really like it too. It doesn't leave a "sheen" on the clothes like I feel the Tide or Gain does. I'm going to give it a shot. I'm proud of you. That's awesome!View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.