Hmmm - I'll have to give these a try when DD switches to training pants. I tried the diapers when she was a newborn and didn't like them as much as Pampers. Will have to give them a second chance!View Thread
I don't think we have that specific organization here in LA, but there are a lot of other CSAs. I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with them. I'm especially interested in whether you find yourself throwing a lot away and whether it's a pain to schedule time to pick up your shipment each week.View Thread
Yeah, I think everyone moved over to the new board. I think you need to provide your e-mail address to join, and I'm not too keen on that. (Plus, I set up a temporary e-mail address to establish my webmd account, and I don't think it's even active anymore.)
I believe the new board is more narrowly focused on green / eco parenting. This board was more general. I followed it because a lot of the moms here practiced Attachment Parenting .View Thread
You probably know I like to let the co-sleeping / non-CIO flag fly whenever I can, so I'm happy that that point of view seems to dominate this particular board. And - CIO / non-CIO issue aside - I'm happy that you're happy with your parenting decisions! It certainly does help to follow your instincts and then have those instincts validated by other mommies. (It helps for me, at least!)View Thread
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? Right NOW? I'd be at the park with DD and DH. But if I could go on any vacation, I'd probably go with DD and DH to Hawaii.
2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? I'm only half-way through Sunday's episode of The Tudors, so I'd probably finish watching that.
3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? I do, indeed! No real favorite. I'm partial to two-buck Chuck, though.
4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be Hmmm. Dave Matthews, Alexander Skarsgard, and I like the Joel McHale suggestion!
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not. If I could be guaranteed absolute safety, I'd have to go with astronaut. But right now, I'd prefer SAHM - at least for a year or two.
6. What is your favorite season? Why? In LA, it's winter. It's like autumn in the Midwest - heavenly!
7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? Christmas b/c I get to see my entire family.
8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be? I have the good old tramp stamp. It's a celtic knot and some other designs around it. I love tattoos and would love to get more, but I don't really have any other real estate that I'm willing to give up for one.
9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like? Not a huge reader, but I do prefer non-fiction. I recently read a couple of Michael Pollan's books, and I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love.
10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? My family. I'm so fortunate to have a wonderful husband, great parents who are also amazing grandparents for DD and two awesome siblings. And DD inspires me every day. I feel so fortunate to be - as DH puts it - her "sherpa" in life. I am so excited to see the woman she grows into.View Thread
Normally, I'd be right there next to you rolling my eyes at Cocoa's mom. But I've been experiencing some issues with a well-meaning relative lately, and it's got me thinking. (For reference, the relative in question is very alarmed that DD doesn't do all that much talking - and that I'm not doing anything about it. Long story short, I'm being pressured to drill DD with daily lessons and investigate speech therapy. I don't think it helps when I constantly reply that - although DD is late when it comes to talking - I'm not the least bit worried.)
Cocoa's mom may be part of that club that feels pressured to have a "perfect" child. In some ways, I feel bad for them. They spend a lot of time worrying, even more time acting on their worries and less time bonding and playing and HAVING FUN with their kids! Hopefully, Cocoa's mom will come to realize that despite all her efforts, Cocoa is basically at the same level as a kid whose mom spends more time making mud pies and less time using flash cards!View Thread
We had a rough weekend as well. DD seems to finally be getting her canine teeth. The two bottom ones are starting to pop through, and she was a bear all weekend long.
As much as I long to be a SAHM as well, I will say that there's a big benefit to working. When you're at work you get to rest your "mom muscles," and when you're at home with LO you get to rest your "office muscles."View Thread