My DS was 9 lbs 10 oz at birth and has been in the 95 % in his height & weight from the beginning. He is now 5 1/2 months old, formula fed, eating baby food (quite well) and continues to be a happy, healthy baby. He's probably close to 20 lbs now and at least 27 inches long. If the doctor was concerned he would have told you-it's my experience & opinion that you have a very healthy baby-enjoy!! We laugh at how much our LO eats and how he's grown. He's wearing 9 month clothes and some of those are getting tight LOL. If you're concerned talked to the pedi just to calm your nerves-that's what I did. Hope this helps and good luck!!View Thread
I'm looking forward to showing him off Thursday to DH's family that hasn't seen him yet and also to my uncle who is coming home for Christmas (he lives in Seattle, WA & doesn't get to come off very often). I'm also looking forward to giving him solid foods so now he can experience new things!! Christmas is going to be fun b/c he's already so attentive to things around him that I think he'll actually have fun unwrapping presents!!View Thread
Just wanted to post on how Lucas's 4 month check up went. Some of you may have seen some of my posts about his constant nasal congestion. I'm very happy to report that his congestion is GONE and all infection that was in his nose is GONE!!! He now weighs 17 lbs 5 oz, is 26 inches long and very healthy!! He got his 2nd round of shots but took it pretty well. We also got the green light to start giving him cereal and baby food so tonight he'll get his first taste of rice cereal and Thanksgiving Day he'll get his first taste of Sweet Potatoes-I can't wait to see his face!! And he's starting to cut 6 teeth at one time YIKES!! But in all it was a great visit I'm happy to say!! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!View Thread
3. Clothing size: Mostly 3-6 months although he's getting more into the 6 months clothes now
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: Sitting up while in my lap at 2 1/2 months. We were sitting in the floor-I had him sitting on the floor in my lap when all of the sudden he lunged forward really quick then sat back. He did this twice then just sat up and stayed up on his own. He now thinks he should be sitting up all the time LOL...
5. Newest milestone: He's discovered his vocal chords so now he's constantly chattering and making all kinds of sounds! It's quite funny to just sit and listen!!
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? No foods yet. He's on a special program with his formula and can't start anything else until 4 months. We go to the doctor Monday and he'll probably let us start adding cereal to his formula and gradually going to solid foods.
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? His first Thanksgiving and Christmas (although he can't eat anything we're eating just him being here is a blessing and a joy!!) And I can't wait to get him a few things for Christmas we've been looking at!!
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now? I have him at work with me during the day and sometimes it's hard to get anything done. He's had 2 bad sinus infections and when we're giving him medicine it requires a little extra time and a few extra diaper changes but it's going a lot better than I thought it might. He's a great baby and really entertains himself for the most part! If we can get his nose clear we'll all be happier!!View Thread
So far the pull out method is working for us-always has. I am on the pill & hate using condoms b/c I have a latex allergy. I was a little worried when my period didn't start on the day I thought it should (started the next day) but it looks like the pill is regulating my body again & I'm back on my normal cycle. I think you're ok. It's kind of funny that we spent time trying to have a baby & now the we have our babies we're trying not to have another one (so soon anyway).... good luck!!View Thread
As posted on Baby's First Year Board: Our 3 month old son has had a stuffy nose for 9 or 10 weeks now. It started when he was about 2 weeks old. At his 4 week appointment the pedi told us to use the saline drops, suction it out and use a cool mist humidifier. We've been doing so ever since-except we use the saline mist b/c he doesn't like drops very well. It was still present so we took him back at 6 weeks. The pedi did a nose culture and ordered labs and discovered he had MRSA-a staph infection in the nose. After 10 days of heavy anitbiotics and 5 days of nose drops the staph went away but the nose congestion didn't. I took him back at 8 weeks-pedi said same thing. Took him back at 10 weeks-same thing. Called again-pedi said to try a nose aspirator that can suction better than the bulb suction and continue saline drops and humidifier and if he's not better in a couple of days he wants to see him again. Not only does he have the nose congestion but I believe he also has drainage in his throat which he gets choked on and coughs because of it. He's starting to get choked on the drainage and spit up quite often. We keep him elevated at feedings, when he's playing and when he's asleep. The nose congestion isn't getting any better and he's still getting choked on his spit/drainage a lot. We believe he's also beginning to teeth so that's more saliva he's getting choked on. The good in all of this is that he's demeanor is still good, no temp. and no change in feedings.
My question is-have we missed anything/does any one know of anything that might help?? I'm so ready for my little guy to be over this. Thanks.View Thread
Thankfully he hasn't been running a fever. The doctor did a nose culture to check for any bacterial infection and that's when they found the MRSA. We don't sterilize the bulb as often as we need to. I actually bought a new one today and threw away the one we've had since his birth thinking maybe it's infected and we keep re-introducing the infection to him. We're hoping we can get rid of it this time for good and get his nose clear!!View Thread
Erin from Alabama and my little boy is 15 weeks old. He has been holding his head up since the day he was born and is now sitting up all the time (still needs supporting) and is starting to roll over. He smiles all the time, is starting to laugh out loud more and has discovered his vocal cords so he coos and jibber jabbers a lot LOL. He's growing at the perfect rate!! He's been battling a stuffy/congested nose for a while now and has had 2 MRSA staph infections in his nose but other than that he's been fairly healthy. He's actually on a growth study through the pedi with a special formula and is accepting it very well. He looks like his daddy although now he's starting to show equal similarities to both of us if that makes since. He loves his Seahorse that glows in the dark and plays music-a lot like a glow worm. He can't sleep without it LOL. I am a working mom and have been blessed with two bosses that allow me to bring my LO to work with me (I work in an office) so he's with me most days. We're loving every minute of our new life!! It's amazing how a LO changes everything-for the better of course.View Thread
Please go to www.gerber.com/photo/#/gallery, click Search Photos, enter Lucas and Adamsville in the search fields then click search. His photo will come up. Click on his photo, click Vote then follow the instructions. You will need to check your email to finalize the vote. This is a great opportunity for Lucas to possibly be the Gerber.com baby for a month, win a $25,000 scholarship and maybe win other prizes.
You could enter your child's photo too!! It takes about a week for approval then voting for your child starts the next month.