Last Thursday my little guy had a fever of 103, then started to get a cold. Bad cough, runny nose, sneezing, the whole 9 yards. We have been using a cool mist humidifier, that soothing vapours bath stuff and I have been bundling him up and taking him for drives with the windows down (I live in Canada and it's about -6 right now). We took him in to get checked outyesterday and our dr gave us a Rx for his ear since it was very red. He seems to be happy about 75% of the day, the other 25% he's miserable. Anyways, just today he had two poops - the first one was extremely mushy, the second was green diarrhea.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? He seems very happy at the moment. No fever or anything.
He hasn't been eating his solids as much since he's been sick so he's had a couple extra bottles a day.. But I doubt that would cause diarrhea!View Thread
I called my dr, just worried because he continued to have diarrhea. She said it is a side effect of the Amoxicillan and just to make sure he is still wetting diapers and drinking lots of fluids - both of which is he doing!
Also, she said that the driving with the windows down was a great idea. Doesn't do anything to their ears, but helps clear up the cough. He has been on the Rx since Monday and is doing a million times better!! On Monday he could hardly crawl properly - now he's back to walking 5-6 steps.
DD started at 5 months and DS started at 4.5 months. He's almost 9 months now and has 4 bottom and 4 top teeth.. and I can feel another bump in his mouth so looks like his 9th tooth will be in soon!View Thread
Emery was in a cast for 3 months and is now in a brace, so her gross motor development is a bit behind. She can sit up, climb onto stuff, crawl, etc, but she can't pull up or stand up, or walk at all yet.
My SIL and I had our kids 3 hours apart and her son has been walking for two months. I constantly hear the same stuff about being smarter about walking earlier and I think it's all bull. Emery says 7 words, a follows commands, whereas Kaden just sort of stares at you. They progress at different levels! Emery is mentally stronger, and Kaden is physically stronger. Neither is "smarter" than the other. Argh. This REALLY irks me..
I enjoy that my baby isn't that mobile yet, she still LOVES sitting on my lap and playing with me, not running away!View Thread
We had Emery's birthday party on Sunday. A whopping 35 people showed up, agh! Good thing I spent two darn months planning this thing and a week getting the food ready, haha.
She had a blast. The little booger slept 13.5 hours Saturday night, so it was right around nap time when we were cutting the cake and opening presents, but she is such a happy little girl she toughed it out!
She got SO many presents! DH and I were setting up (and playing with) them all night! haha.
Her actual birthday is tomorrow.. so I guess I'll be moving up the 1-year-old boards. now. Sniff sniff... my little baby is a toddler now. Sigh.View Thread
Umm.. that baby could have been so easily taken! And you know what?! The baby-snatcher probably would have kept a better eye on the poor guy. How horrible the little baby must feel, he's upset, crying out for his mother and he can't see her, can't hear her.. oh no, she's half a damn block away talking on her phone!!
Some people really don't understand the little miracles they have, and they sure don't appreciate them. I hope his father pays more attention to him than his mother.. poor guy. This breaks my heart!View Thread
This pregnancy is already way different than with DD. My first clue with her was that my BB's felt like extremely sore bags of sand! lol This time, they are fine! I have had light cramping for about a week, nothing near to what AF cramps are like, just, sort of twinges and I can 'feel' my uterus.
It took us 2 years and one miscarriage to get pregnant with DD, so this is a blessing that it's only taken us three months this time.
I am still going to keep quiet about it until the 12 week mark, or at least until my first u/s just to make sure everything is going well.
It's funny because last week I hopped on the scale, and I have finally lost ALL the baby weight, plus another 10 lbs. I was so happy, and now I get to gain it all back, LOL!View Thread
We were trying. We got a faint positive last month, but then AF showed up, so I am ruling that as an early miscarriage.
I wasn't very optimistic for this cycle as my BBT was a bit out of wack and I've been having a delayed O.. (like CD 24, instead of CD 14!)
If you haven't tried keeping track of your cycles, I would highly recommend the book Taking Charge of your Fertility and going to www.fertilityfriend.com. It helped me so much the first time around, and also this time too!View Thread