That's a great question and I'll be interested to see what everyone's responses are.
Ella (6 1/2) was off training wheels last summer. We live in a cu-de-sac, so DH is the one that taught her on our street. I remember him running a lot- lol!
Owen (5 1/2) is still on training wheels. I think we will work on getting him off this summer, but he is much more cautious and fearful, so it probably won't be as easy or quick. We will probably put him on the smaller bike (12 inch) at first to build his confidence and then I hope he'll be able to ride his "bigger" (16 inch) bike without training wheels.
We ride our bikes A LOT in the summer. Connor (3 1/2) is now out of the bike trailer and riding with training wheels. So it's just part of our nature to be on the bikes as much as possible.View Thread
1. I have 2 main laundry baskets to transport laundry from the bedrooms to the laundry room. They are always full and super busy! In our bedroom we have a laundry sorter so everyone can presort the loads for me.
2. We have baskets full of toys and books in each room.
3. I can't remember the last time I got a gift basket. Probably when Lilly was born? She's 19 months now.
4. I could only sink a basket with dumb luck. I'm terrible at basket ball. None of the kids have shown interest in playing basketball yet. They can start playing through the city here when they are 6.
5. My favorite basket is filled with kids books right now. It's just a nice, sturdy, lined basket. Hoping the hubby will build some bookshelves so I can have the basket back for other stuff!View Thread
1. I am so looking forward to Ella's spring break is this week! 2. A big glass of wine later. 3. When you get cold, nothing warms you up like a hot shower. 4. My spiritual beliefs are a big part of my life. 5. If you need anything for a new baby, I'm giving it all away. 6.Looking forward to a road trip this summer. 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to friends coming over for dinner, tomorrow my plans include a bike ride and Sunday, I want to enjoy my kids!View Thread
People will say all kinds of things to you about your choices. I don't ever understand where this comes from. Two children is a perfect choice for lots of people. But so is 1, 3, or more!
We laugh off people's comments about our family. We know we've made the right choice to have each of our kids and we know we've made the right choice to be done. We have 4 kids- ages 6, 5, 3, 18 months.
I think it's great that you are really thinking about your decision before you decide one way or another.
Personally, the third child almost put me and my husband over the edge. We did not plan on having a third so soon after the first two. By then we figured we might as well go ahead and have a fourth so that they can all be close in age.
You will have a bigger age difference and it might not be as stressful for you. My only thing is that with three children you are outnumbered and it can be hectic at times. I wouldn't change a thing, though! I love my crazy life with 4 babies so close together!View Thread