Please share our post. We know our dogs were poisoned by the Waggin Train Duck Treats. The Vets Assn asked for their recall years ago. You will save many dogs & the Hearts of their parents. I am a pediatric RN. The loss was so painful I began compiling evidence & my finding were absolute. The FDA report is 97 pages long. The problems have been happening since 2007 which probably explains Posting can save the lives of many pets & the hearts of their parents.Recently recalled Waggin Train Duck Treats Killed our Chihuahua's & many other small dogs since 2007. Below are the links. Click on them. The FDA reports include 97 pages of cases. The American Veterinary Society recommended recall in June of 2011.Initially for dried Chicken treats & revised to include duck treats & sweet potato treats most made by the Nestle Corp who imported Waggin Train from China. Our small dogs ate approximately 2 pounds per month.Photo is is in Memory of our 5 YO Chihuahua who died 4 weeks ago. She ate these treats instead of dog food. Her sister is in the Mandeville, LA MED Vets ICU with same symptoms, getting blood transfusions, & fighting for her life.the 97 pages of reports all list the same signs & symptoms both of our dogs had. Small dogs are the most likely to die since they can't handle the blood & fluid loss. 1) https://www.avma.org/News/Issues/recalls-alerts/Pages/Safety-Alert-on-Jerky-Treats-for-Pets.aspx
The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.
Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.