I want to throw a few things out here and I'd like your opinions, please.
I'm 37(hubby is same age) and I have 2 children from previous marriage. I have an older teenager and a younger tween (7 years apart). Both pregnancies were perfect as were the births. No medical problems for either child or myself. My hubby doesn't have any children at all. Due to the cost of adding me to his insurance b/c of the costs (which are unreasonable) and the state of the economy in which I can only find part-time professional work with NO benefits, the medical insurance would be lacking unless I can get state sponsored coverage in which I might actually pay a small premium to carry that would cover me through pregnancy/birth/6wk check up. Then it would cover the baby until it had it's own coverage under Hubs or me (if I'm able to acquire a policy of some sort).
The baby brain is possibly at it worst. We have some friends that had a baby last year and being around it some has made me realize that I do want a child or 2 more. Preferably daughters and I know you can't choose. : ) But still.
I've told my Hubs that we are not getting any younger and we need to get on this if we're going to do it. Of course bills are tight in our home like almost every other home in America, right? But, we have almost a year to pay off our debt (which is a very attainable goal) so that we can prepare for my staying home to take care of a Wee One for about a year. I've been collecting things for a baby that can be used and I'm quite thrifty and VERY DIY oriented so we truly only need the necessary items at this point if we do conceive.
Thing is, hubby is almost on the other side of the fence now. Seems like one week he's all on board and the next week he's concerned about the "age" of my eggs for fear of having a child with DS. I've told him that their are concerns at any age for having babies. There's always risks. I realize that some risks seem to climb the older we get but I see so many successful pregnancies at our age or older.
If we wait til the "right" or "perfect" time then it may never happen.
What advice, recommendations, or comments do you all have?
Spending Valentines 2012 very disappointed and holding back squalling my eyes out.View Thread
Thanks to both of you. I know he has valid concerns and I spoke with a friend of mine that I graduated HS with and she and her hubby just had Baby #2 in 2011 and all went well. Her Baby #1 (which is not a baby anymore...lol) is about 7 or 8 y/o now. I told him about the testing but I'm not willing to take the risks involved with those such as amnio and CVS. I would love the baby(ies) no matter what.
We've been charting my cycle and ovulation for the past few months and pretty much know when I ovulate. I'm shooting for a Valentine 2013 baby. : ) Today I'm scheduling my yearly gyn visit and dental appt.
Thanks again! So glad there's places like this for these types of discussions!View Thread