Definitely see a perinat specialist. Get a second opinion. Get a different ob. I too have fibroids and other masses. But mine are the bad kind, the ones in the uterus cavity and uterine walls(submucosal and intramural). My biggest is jsut 5.7cm but it does takes up the whole back wall of my uterus. I'm 13weeks now and I have already had a bleed scare and still spotting actually. I do unfortunately have other concerns at the moment with my preg but the fibroids are not to fret about.
And Subserosal are the ones to least worry about, they're outside. Yes they could cause bleeding and pain in low back especially but it should not affect the fetus. Inside the uterus are the ones that can cause different issues and sometimes none at all. And I have read where with fibroids outside the uterus if you have willing and highly skilled delivering ob...and if you should have csection, those subserosal fibroids are within reach they can be removed at that time. Kill two birds with one stone type of deal. But some obs don't like to do this..but it definitely is not unheard of. Come out of your preg with a new uterus.
I really need to find a place to share what is happening to me. I am 38 and 13weeks now. Been a rough 13weeks. First for us too. They had told us that if we ever did want to conceive that we had less than 3percent chance. And then a year later this miracle happened. I am high risk they said first because of my age. Then I have certain abnormalities in my uterus. Fibroids and other masses that were inconclusive prior to my preg. I had a bleed scare already, went to ER and got discharged with threatened MC. Heartbeat still good Thank God. Then just this week my nuchal trans with blood test came back they read me some bad numbers. My risk was ratio 1:14. Are hearts sunk. They said the blood was the concerning part. Ultrasound wise baby looks fine. So my reg obgyns sent us to a perinat specialist. We spoke for a very long time to a genetic counselor. And then the doc followed up with another ultrasound. I opted to take the Harmony test. Result in 2weeks. We are praying! The Harmony is a new test and it's just a blood test. Some risk of taking it is that it can come back inconclusive or with risk numbers that we already know. Depending what the results are we are then going with an amnio. Just seems so scary with the odds that I fell into. 1 out 14 for DS. Been so confused and absolutely sad. Now we wait a long two weeks for this result that might came back inconclusive. Other option we have is waiting for the 20week full depth ultrasound. They can detect lots in those. Just such a short journey thus and already so hard. I'm finding it hard to thinking on anything else.View Thread