I am 13 weeks pregnant with my third and turned 35 in December. I had level I u/s today and everything looked normal. I also had NT blood screen last week and got the results today. 1/255 chance of down syndrome. I am shocked.
Please please please don't judge me, but I don't think I have the courage and strength to raise a baby with some health issues. The doctor has given an option to get amniocentesis done, but I am nervous about the (even slight) risk of miscarriage due to the invasiveness of the procedure.
I am a religious person and have a strong faith in HIM. I will keep praying for a healthy baby (even if the third one is also a girl), but I also believe in not sitting back and not trying.
I don't know what are my options at this point. Whether to go with amniocentesis or wait for level II u/s at around 20 weeks? But how conclusive would be the u/s?