Hi there, I am 9 weeks along. Last night, I inhaled some fumes from burning plastic. It was the handle from a pot. I am sure it was burning for a while until we noticed the smell. Once we realized what was happening, we quickly opened the windows but the small lingered in the house for at least an hour. I tried to go upstairs and realized it was worse upstairs. I am sure while I was running around, I inhaled some of it as well. After opening all the windows, I stood in front of the window but was able to still smell it. What kind of harm this can bring to my babies? I am carrying twins. This isn't something I would want to experience ever again. terrified.View Thread
The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.
Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.