My PR is shortened which typically means I have a conduction issue. Last time I wore a halter - it showed nothing. I'm kinda happy that they actually caught something on the EKG (lets me know I'm not going crazy).
My rate is always regular however just tachycardic. It's just that only now am I having other symptoms (dizziness/headaches/etc)
They wanted to put me on a beta-blocker or a calcium channel blocker - however my B/P is already on the low site (i.e. 100/60) - I will be going on Hawthorne to help control the rate (just waiting to get it from my aunt). If I had a more serious abnormality - then I would take such medication.
SVTs need to be stopped with medications/cardio-version and controlled afterwards since it can be deadly. Luckily - no SVTs/AFIB/AFlutter/VFIB/etc. Just a shortened PR (which is better than a prolonged). ((didn't want to get into it hard core in the post as some people here don't get medical jargon all the time))
They can't see me until the 22nd. I'm hoping that increasing my iodine, taking the hawthorne, and allowing myself to rest up a bit will help.
Ok - ladies -- off to bed I go - I feel like I could sleep forever.View Thread
Hey Gang - So friday night I almost passed out at work - had to be taken to the ER. My heart was racing and it hasn't stopped.
The 1st EKG was normal (except that it was fast). They were able to catch something the 2nd time: I got dizzy, had chest tightness, and my heart rate jumped up to 130 beats per minute. It showed an abnormality. My labs are all good.
They want me to follow up with a cardiologist. I called out Saturday night. I have no choice - I HAVE to go in Monday.
I'm sure some people were thinking I was making stuff up for attention or something. I was rather mortified. It came on SO fast. I got nauseated and really hot. Then I literally couldn't see where I was walking and broke out in a sweat. My whole body was shaking. According to one of my co workers I became so pale I was almost green.
But since Thursday night my heart has been bounding. I have felt really worn out since Tuesday. I have a history of heart palpitations - but my echo was normal.
Right now I get periods where I feel pretty good and then it hits me like a wave. Thank goodness no passing out feeling since yesterday (saturday). Ugh - I need this like I need a hole in the head.View Thread
Today we find a tomorrow It is not in our sorrow But in the times We saw the signs That life truly does gets better And although we sometimes get bitter We can wash away the taste Afterwards putting a smile on our face
All because today we find a tomorrow We know it in the depths of our own marrow Another day will find the horizon And in that we our interwoven
my post got eaten thanks to my unreliable comcast wifi. (shakes angry fist)
Any way - I'll do my best to sum up my post. (don't mind the #ing)
1) Way to go! I'm proud of you. That's a big accomplishment (not buying the razors)
2) I know what you mean about shutting down and waiting. It's all about control. We want to control every little thing. It soothes our anxieties.
3) I had to learn that I cannot control everything. While I want to be the one who wanted to hurt myself the worst....I had to rewire my thinking. I had to be the one who treated me the best.
4) Be proud of all the steps and accomplishments you make. You must remember that only you can control you. You have the power to make a difference in your life (for better or worse) It's hard to see that when you feel low, but I promise..you can get better. Be honest with your medical/mental health team - that's what they are there for.
5) Again, I am SO proud of you! If the calm techs don't work, if anger needs to be let out...try ripping paper and keep doing it until you cannot get the pieces any smaller. I did this once...and I was exhausted by the end because I just couldn't get every little piece.View Thread
Aw - well a little bit better is better than not at all.
The flowers are from where C proposed to me.
The planning..well..It's going. I bought my dress - I will bring it home tomorrow then this time next year will bring it to be refitted (which is going to be a lot of work...they have to take the beading off and bring in the panels and put the beading back on...a job I do not envy)View Thread