Hello Everyone. After 35 years, I finally just took an immediate & spontaneous decision & quit smoking, about a month ago. I used to smoke Two Packs of 20 Cigarettes everyday, on an average. Actually, I am scared & confused too, at the same time. There are two issues that are worrying me a lot.
1. ) The regular Phlegm / Mucous ( White in color with kind of lightish brown spots ) accumulation in my throat worries me a lot. Sometimes, I can't kind of cough it out and sometimes, I have difficulty in swallowing it. I have to keep clearing my throat at regular intervals to stop the irritation & drink warm water or tea with milk to soothe the throat. My Question :- Is there a solution to this problem ? And if so, how long will it take ?
2. ) Constipation. After I quit Smoking, I have gone into Constipation Mode. My Question :- Is this part of the healing process ?
3. ) Would appreciate it, if I could get your Expertize & Professional Advice.
4. ) I started going for Regular One Hour Walks after Dinner, every night just to exercise my lungs.
5. ) Are there any Home Remedies that are helpful & do have an effect.
Hello Rose, Thank you so much for the Moral Support and also, the Kind Words Of Encouragement. 1. ) Well Rose, did you experience something like, " you want to take a deep breath, but you end up taking only a short breath ? " 2. ) Did you also get that feeling that you want to yawn, but you kind of don't yawn the normal full yawn ? I did not experience these symptoms when I was smoking. I am so afraid. I know exercise will eventually cure me. Please suggest some breathing exercises and any other exercises that might help me. Thanks Rose. My apologies for asking you ridiculous questions. God Bless., Geoffrey.View Thread
Hello Rose, hope that all is well, 'cause long time, no hear. I guess you must have been busy during the holiday season. Well I guess it's not too late in wishing you a Happy New Year & an Excellent 2014. God Bless.View Thread
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and Green Tea solution. Actually, most of the time I swallow the phlegm. Sometimes though, I am able to kind of cough it out. I am into my second month of quitting smoking after I guess 35 years. These withdrawal symptoms kind of scare me. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke now. Yes, I also do get aggravated and irritated & restless. I do go for a walk every night after dinner. Any advice or words of encouragement are really helpful. Please do keep in touch. Thanks once again. God Bless. By the way, hope you have an Excellent 2014. Happy New Year to you.View Thread
It's perfectly ok Rose whether you posted your reply as Anon or, with your name. it's just that your moral support is so very encouraging to me and that's why I like communicating with you. Take care and God Bless. Geoffrey D'Brass.View Thread
Wow Rose, Thank you so much for your very encouraging reply. No, I will never ever smoke again. Yes Rose, I do get some strange tastes, especially when I swallow the phlegm. At the moment, I kind of swallow the phlegm. And yes, at times, I am able to spit it out. Did you experience this Rose ? I would appreciate it, if, you can explain all that you went through after you quit smoking Rose. Thanks a lot and do stay in touch. God Bless., Geoff.View Thread