I see a nurse practitioner who specializes in infertility - she's sort of a bridge between my OB and a RE. She spoke a little bit about recommendations for progesterone supplementation, I think she said I would start a few days after ovulating and continue through week 10 or 11 of pregnancy if we could get to that point.
AF reared her ugly head this morning, as I suspected would happen. So I go in on Wednesday for an ultrasound and we'll formulate a plan for this month once again...View Thread
The best days to have intercourse are the days preceding and the day of ovulation. Your ultrasound will help them determine whether you are ready to release an egg/eggs based on their size, and sometimes the doctor will have you do an HCG trigger (injection) to help your body do that. If that's the case, you should have intercourse the day of the trigger and the day after, as ovulation should happen within 36 hours of the shot. Otherwise they will probably recommend doing OPKs and BDing the day you get a positive test and the day after.
So we're on vacation this week... On the way to the airport, my NP called with my 7dpo progesterone level : 6.67. That sucks, considering I was on 100mg of Clomid with Ovidrel trigger this month (it should be more like 15 or greater). She would have redrawn Tuesday if we weren't going out of town. We may have been a day early on the original draw, but I don't think it would have been that different. She talked about starting progesterone gel, but couldn't say that it would really help at this point. And we found out that our insurance doesn't cover it, so it would cost us $185.
I don't know what the heck we're going to do now. I am so mad, upset, frustrated, you name it... I guess I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that we were successful this month anyway, but it's like I already got another BFN in my mind. Tomorrow is my 30th birthday... what a huge let down. I guess that's all I've got right now.View Thread
Thanks! Apparently it takes 24 hours to run the test (?), so I won't know until tomorrow... the NP said she'd call me to let me know what the results were. And she said not to test until next Tuesday - I doubt I can hold out that long!
I am on CD19 today (Monday) and going to get my 7dpo progesterone checked. I'm nervous about that. I had an ultrasound on CD10 that showed one decent follicle and did an HCG trigger on CD12 (along with clomid 100mg this month). I feel like I am even more anxious this month than previous ones because this is the first time I have known so much about what is going on in my body. And if it doesn't work again this month, we will have to undergo a lot more testing next cycle. I'm just really not up for that right now. Hopefully we will know at the end of the week if we were successful. In the mean time, we are leaving for vacation Tuesday morning, so that will help distract me, I think. Just have to get through tonight and tomorrow night at work.View Thread
It's not uncommon... I haven't experienced this first-hand (yet) but have discussed this with my NP. Typically you would just take a month off from the Clomid and monitor the cysts to make sure they are getting smaller when not being stimulated by the medication. Then you can resume taking it. Your doctor may decide something different, but I think this is usually the way it is handled. Otherwise, there is another medication called Femara that I think is an alternative. Hopefully this is not the case and you are feeling better soon!View Thread
After much encouragement, including from some of you here, I finally was able to get the courage to pursue some answers. My previous doctor was very nice but kind of wishy-washy when it came to seeking answers to my questions. He was pretty convinced that because I have been pregnant before, it would happen again. While I trusted his professional opinion, the lack of monitoring and testing after months of failing on Clomid made me think I should be doing something more.
So I decided to go with another OB/GYN. I work in a NICU and have some experience with her when attending deliveries (not an easy thing for me right now), and I really liked her personality. Although it was a little weird to have someone I work with in my "business", I turned out to be a great decision. It was a very difficult week; I had really hoped for a BFP this week but that was not in the cards (I don't know why i thought it was possible, just hopeful I guess). She was compassionate and said so many things that I was hoping to hear, without being patronizing. I really feel like I made a good decision seeking answers from someone else, and now I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner who specializes in infertility next week! I was so disappointed Thursday morning when AF reared her ugly head, and I was starting to think about giving up. But I feel so good about not accepting the way things were going and doing something about it.
I know we have a long way to go, but at least we are moving in the right direction again. Keep your chins up, ladies. Stay positive and hopeful, and don't give up.View Thread